22 September 2005

Open mouth, insert bullet, close

Well, I can't take it anymore. I ordered a 19" LCD monitor from the Dell Outlet for $318 (+ $36 s/h), then found one with almost identical specs at the local Sam's Club for $349. Works out to be a little more expensive with tax, but I don't have to wait a week and a half for it to be delivered. I forgot, this is the reason I went with a Gateway 7330GZ from Best Buy instead of the Dell Inspiron: I needed a laptop quickly for a trip, and Dell couldn't ship fast enough. I dunno, this build-to-order, just-in-time inventory thing seems to be working for Dell, but they're not getting me as a customer because of it. Nothing against them, they just can't cater to the instant-gratification crowd. Oh well, they do seem to handle order cancellations well.

One thing I am happy about, though -- it's time to fill the Honda again, and I finally broke 50mpg average for a tank. This tank, I've averaged 51.4mpg; not bad, considering when I was commuting to Omaha every day (70 miles at 75mph each way) I was lucky to keep it above 40. The sweet spot seems to be around 55mph, where it indicates ~80mpg, but it seems to get 60 or so at the 30-40mph I spend most of my commute at.

No comments: